Statutory Support Services (UK) Limited – CONDITIONS OF ORDER Definitions
a) The term ” Buyer ” shall mean Statutory Support Services (UK) Limited
b) The term “Seller ” shall mean the person, firm or company to whom the Purchase Order is issued.
c) The term “Goods ” includes all goods covered by the Purchase Order whether raw materials, processed materials, fabricated products or services.
d) The term ” Purchase Order ” shall mean the Buyers Purchase Order to which these conditions shall apply.
e) ” The Contract ” shall mean the contract between the Buyer and the Seller consisting of the Purchase Order, these conditions and any other documents (or part thereof ) specified in the Purchase Order.
I ) The Buyer accepts no responsibility for any order unless issued on the Buyers Official Order Forms and duly authorised. It is the responsibility of the Seller to ensure that the order has been properly authorised by someone with the appropriate level of authority.
2) All orders must be acknowledged and price advised where not quoted on the Purchase Order.
3) It is the responsibility of the Seller to provide one copy of the Advice Note / Works Report Sheet with the goods / service and one copy by post on the day of despatch to the Buyers address as shown on the order.
4) Invoices bearing the Buyers order number must be received no later than the 4th day of the month following delivery and statements by the 7th otherwise payment will be delayed by at least one month. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Buyer, payment will be made 60 days from the end of the month following month of receipt of delivery of the goods and properly prepared invoice.
5) In the absence of specification or sample, all goods or materials must be to the Buyers approval.
6) All goods supplied which are not in accordance with the Buyers requirements, as stipulated on the Purchase Order, and/or specifications must be replaced free of all cost ( to the Buyer ) or, at the Buyers option, full credit must be allowed without replacement.
7) Delivery must be effected free to address( es) stated by the Buyer, unless otherwise specified or agreed. All goods must be booked in and signed for, and delivered in accordance with instructions on the Purchase Order. If goods are incorrectly delivered, the Seller will be held responsible for any additional expense in re-delivery to the correct address.
8) The Buyer reserves the right to cancel the Purchase Order without redress, if not executed within a reasonable time or within the time specified.
9) All returnable packages must be clearly marked or numbered, with the Purchase Order reference being quoted on advice notes and invoices.
1 0) The Purchase Order is given on condition that the Seller will indemnify the Buyer against all Claims and Costs which may occur at Common Law, or under the National Insurance ( Industrial Injuries ) Act, 1946 or subsequent updates.
11) In the event of any unforeseen circumstances beyond the Buyers control such as strikes, lock – outs, fires, accidents, etc., which may prevent the use of the goods forming the subject of the Purchase Order, deliveries of such goods may at the Buyers option be suspended.
12) The Buyer may at its discretion waive its rights in respect of any one or more of these terms and conditions without prejudice to any of its rights under any other clause herein.
13) The Purchase Order shall be construed in all respects in accordance with English Law and any dispute as to the terms or subject matter hereof shall be referred to a single Arbitrator appointed by the parties or in default of agreement on the application of either party by the President for the time being of the Law Society and the Arbitration’s Acts of 1889 and 1934 or subsequent updates shall apply.
14) All materials and Services covered by the Purchase Order are to comply with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 or subsequent updates.
15) The property and risk in the goods shall remain with the Seller until they are delivered and accepted at the point specified in the Purchase Order.
16) If delivery dates and prices as advised on this Order are not met, the Buyer reserves the right to adjust the price and terms accordingly.
17) The Contract shall not be assigned by the Seller or subcontract in part or as a whole. The Seller shall not subcontract any part of the work without the Buyers written consent, which shall not be reasonably withheld, but the restriction contained in this clause shall not apply to sub – contracts for materials, for minor details, or for any part which the makers are named in the Contract. The Seller shall be responsible for all work done and goods supplied by its subcontractors.
18) Any specifications, plans, drawings, process information, patterns or designs supplied by the Buyer to the Seller in connection with the Contract shall remain the property of the Buyer, and any information derived there from or otherwise communicated to Seller in connection with the Contract shall be kept secret and shall not, without the consent in writing of the Buyer, be published or disclosed to any third party, or made use of by the Seller except for the purpose of implementing the Contract. Any drawings, plans, process information, patterns or designs supplied by the Buyer must be returned to the Buyer on fulfilment of the Contract or on request.
19) The copyright of all work created or produced on behalf of the Buyer will be vested in the Buyer as a consequence of the direction of the Buyer and in consideration of the Buyers settlement in full for all work performed by the Seller for and on behalf of the Buyer. The Seller may not without the express and specific authority and agreement of the Buyer divulge, modify or sell onwards properties created as a result of work performed for and on behalf and by the direction of the Buyer which may or may not constitute copyright or intellectual property created as a result of this agreement between the Buyer and the Seller and in so far as is allowable under United Kingdom law the Buyer will retain ownership of all intellectual property derived as a result of work conducted by the Seller for and on behalf and as directed by the Buyer under this agreement.
20) Should the Seller not correctly arrange for services to be delivered in accordance the Sites booking in procedures then the Buyer will not accept any additional costs.
21) This agreement shall remain confidential between the Buyer and the Seller and neither party may divulge its contents, terms and conditions other than that which shall form part of the public domain without the express and specific agreement of either party.